Basic Template for Remote UNM Learn Courses
This file will import a basic template into your course shell. It provides a simple course structure (a home page with modules for either weeks or topics) and links to UNM and UNM Learn resources for you and your students.
If you are teaching for a UNM branch campus, there may be a template more specific to your campus and student resources. Please contact your campus online learning coordinator or instructional technologist for more information.
- Download and save the zip file named: unm_learn_web_enhanced_template.zip to your local computer. Follow the directions below for the browser that you are using:
- In Firefox, click on the file link above, and select "Save File". Do NOT select "Open With" or the template will not work properly.
- In Chrome, click on the file link above. Then, click on the up arrow next to the name of the file that has downloaded at the bottom of the browser window. Select "Show in Finder" or "Show in Folder". The zip file will be located in the folder that opens.
- In Safari, click on the file link above. Then, right click on the zip file link. Select "Download Linked File". Click on the downloads icon at the top-right of the browser window. Next to the zip file name, click on the magnifier glass. This action will open the folder where the zip file is located.
- In Edge, click on the file link above. Then, click on the three dots next to the file name that has downloaded at the bottom of the browser window. Select "Show in Finder" or "Show in Folder". The zip file will be located in the folder that opens.
- Log into Learn and go into your course. You should land on the "Dashboard" of the UNM Learn course default shell.
- Expand Packages and Utilities (in the Course Menu, Course Management, left side of your screen, at the bottom.)
- Select Import Package
- Import Package (red button on top)
- Browse computer, select the zip file
- Select Course Materials > Select All
- Wait a minute and refresh your browser page.
- Click on 'Course Home' (in the Course Menu, left side of your screen.)
This video provides instructions for downloading the basic template for remote UNM Learn courses and adding it to your course. To view the video at a larger size, click on the full screen option at the bottom-right corner of the screen.